CQ Physio are proud to introduce our new Senior Sports Physiotherapist George Labor (pictured with Usain Bolt!). George has a Masters in Sports Physiotherapy and Exercise Rehabilitation as well as a Diploma in Orthopaedic Medicine.
George’s extensive experience includes
- Screening athletes on the Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme (TASS – England’s Institute of Sport).
- Treating TASS and sport scholarship athletes from the University of Hertfordshire. Liaising with national coaches, squad physiotherapists and team Dr’s as applicable.
- Working closely with strength and conditioning coaches screening and creating programs together.
- Consulting Physiotherapist to Arsenal FC Women’s team
- Part of the Volunteer Medical Team at the 2012 London Olympic Games working with track and field athletes.
- In 2013 was the physiotherapist for the silver medal-winning Great Britain men’s football team at the World University Games in Russia.
- George’s previous experience also includes working with semi-professional netball and rugby teams
George practices the latest evidence based techniques including mobilisations, manipulations, soft tissue work and specific exercise.